I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

17 September 2012

Seeing Stripes-Lining the Runway at NYFW S/S 2013

Oscar de la Renta via

Last week New York Fashion Week rolled out the runways showcasing the best of American design for Spring/Summer 2013.  Of course I had my favorites: Carolina Herrera, soft and airy...Diane von Furstenberg's "rebel princess" collection...the pure glam of Zac Posen and of course Oscar-if you want to know why I love fashion see the Oscar de la Renta runway-where beautiful happens.  This NYFW you couldn't help but be distracted,however by the sighting of stripes-everywhere!  Marc Jacobs did them in black and white "pop", Michael Kors did them in crayon bold, Tommy Hilfiger of course would be the one to do them Nantucket prep-style and Oscar did them up for a fabulous party.  Stripes are all walking the line for Spring Summer 2013-how many ways can you interpret a stripe-take a look--is it Spring yet?

Marc Jacobs  via


Marc Jacobs via






Tommy Hilfiger via

Michael Kors via


Oscar de la Renta via


Tommy Hilfiger via

Tory Burch via

Michael Kors via


Marc Jacobs via


Tommy Hilfiger via


Michael Kors via

Marc Jacobs via