I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

07 October 2012

Seeing Spots on Sunday

Mark Giff via
 As much as I would have given every shoe I own to have sat in the front row-OK any row-at Paris Fashion Week something about watching the runways in your bunny slippers lets you see the details and the style up close ---and I spied SPOTS ...

Nina Ricci  S/S 2013 via
 Spots dotted the runway in Paris for Spring 2013 in so many collections... Sometimes subtle, peeking through layers or jackets, sometimes bold and often tonal on satins or wispy chiffon, or lace netting coverings-not a good fashion week by the way if you are in the undergarment biz.

Nina Ricci PFW S/S 2013 via
Nina Ricci via
Haider Ackermann via
Dior  S/S 2013 via
Haider Ackermann via Vogue


Nina Ricci via Vogue

Haider Ackermann via
Nina Ricci via
 
Nina Ricci via
...and of course my favorites-- when pearls became spots/dots on the Chanel runway! 

via
via Vogue
via Vogue

via Vogue

And all these spot sightings have me thinking of some of my favorite vintage dots--

Mary Jane Russell wearing Dior photographed by Louise Dahl -Wolfe via

Balmain 1987 via




via

Balenciaga 1952 via

via
Jerry Schatzberg Carmen Del Orefice, New York 1959 via