I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

18 July 2011

A Pearl Girl-Portia Clark


I must go seek some dew-drops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.
Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

No surprise here..I am a Pearl Girl!  Inspired by great women of style whose iconic images are "strung" through their strands of pearls...


Pearls may be  classic but they do not have to be traditional and boring-

I have found a new Pearl Girl who gets that!

Portia Clark has set out to "...take the stuffiness out of pearls."

By incorporating the many shapes,sizes and colors of Freshwater Pearls in her designs Portia has lent a new "twist" to my favorite jewelry box staple.  Portia's designs are meant to worn ...everyday! not just weddings and funerals...

I toss on pearls with everything, sometimes at my neck,


sometimes in my ears


or on my wrist
but I don't think there is are many days that I leave the house without pearls which is why finding Portia Clark's designs is so exciting...
Portia designs for "real life" and her you can feel comfortable from cut offs to ball gowns in her wonderful designs.



One of my favorite aspects about her line is the ability to make it your own...
 Portia Clark offers lovely silk cords in so many colors

and you can choose the color and length of the cords, the size,color and shape of the pearls, along with the number of strands and the style of knotting...so truly no two necklaces/bracelets/earrings are alike and they express you and your style in a very special way.



"From jeans and a t-shirt to a couture gown, a backyard BBQ to your best friend’s wedding"... Portia wants you to wear her pearls not just keep them wrapped up in their lovely pouches...


Portia Clark understands that "Life is just too short to “save them for later”, so go ahead, wear them often and feel fabulous."