I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

03 December 2011

A Card Would Be Nice!


 I live my life gorilla glued to an email box. I think at last count I have 10 email addresses that actually get used everyday!  I truly get dizzy hopping from one to the other and sometimes I forget which box I am in and why on earth I am there. A very strange life for someone who loves all things paper.

MFA

I know! I know!  We need to save our trees (there are wonderful cards on recycled paper by the way...) but I love getting REAL mail...knowing that someone cared enough to take the time to select a card and write me a note of hello, address the envelope, place a pretty stamp on it and send it off.
Art Institute of Chicago

Receiving a card in your postal box is always a treat - romantic and nostalgic in this day of three letter texts.  Yes, there are some fun and lovely e-cards available  -I am a fan of  Ojolie- but can you tie an e-card in a ribbon and keep it for years?? I still have the very first Birthday, Holiday and Valentine cards I ever received. I have cards from so many who are no longer with me but I will always have their notes and their love in an envelope forever, can't get that with an email! 
Paper Source

I love Holiday Card shopping and my favorite spots include Museum Shops...Whimsical, Creative, Elegant Letter Press, Artistic and always special.

MFA



Art Institute Chicago, MOMA, MFA









I am crazy for Pop-Up Cards---A surprise in every envelope-all from MOMA and The Art Institute of Chicago

















The loveliest way to send a card this time of year is through the many many charitable organizations that offer Holiday Cards with proceeds supporting their cause -Visit Cards that Give for some wonderful greetings that Give Back!






 Dana Farber/Jimmy Fund, The Humane Society, Parent's Project Muscular Dystrophy, Pine St. Inn








Project BreadAmerican Red CrossChildren's Memorial Hospital ChicagoNew York Public Library, Robin Hood Foundation, The Home for Little Wanderers

Find your favorite Charity/Organization and send a card that is truly from the heart and makes a difference...Love these from Friends of Boston's Homeless drawn by Boston 's own Sidewalk Sam