I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

24 October 2009

For the Frill of it! Beyond Bridesmaid-Reasons to Get Ruffled

Fendi


Chloe



With Halloween only a week away I am noticing a lot of costume looking pieces hanging on main line store racks---

leaving me to wonder what designers are thinking...
what are buyers and merchandisers thinking???

Net a Porter


Does everything need a ruffle on it??? In all fairness to Seventh Avenue though it could be that I am just still haunted by BAD Bridesmaid memories. Once upon a time I was forced to be seen in public looking like a blueberry with ruffles and since then I break out in hives whenever I am within 100 yards of anything polyester/acetate and ruffly.

I am not alone on this one, on a recent episode of Project Runway Heidi Klum declared that she was "not a big fan" of ruffles either. Even if you have been scared by one too many bridesmaid dresses you cannot help but notice that ruffles are having their day! Wherever you look you can see that designers are incorporating ruffles on necklines,
Tory Burch
hemlines
Anthropologie

scarves, hats, gloves , boots, Anthropologie
shoes...Moschino Anthropologie


Coats Anthropologie

Anthropologie

The Runways and Red Carpets are All-a-Ruffle as is The First Lady







I may never walk out in public, short of October 31, in a lot of the be-ruffled wear of the season but even this former bridesmaid admits that ruffles done well can be...
Feminine

Valentino

Flirty

Zac Posen Celine

Fun!


Anthropologie

Classic


HalstonMarc Jacobs


St. John

and Yes! Elegant




Valentino




Chloe


Valentino


So if in fact I am letting ruffles into my closet then f course my eye roams over to the knit world...ruffles are adorning scarves and jackets and sweater coats and ...


Anthropologie


Jean Paul Gaultier

Anthropologie

Come Visit Winding Yarn and let's play with Ruffles from the needles...