I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

07 April 2012

Not A Hare Out of Place-Fashion Hopping with Fifi Lapin


"When I was little I used to dream of being a famous model like Twiggy or Kate but really I knew it would never come true, I just don’t have the legs for it. So I gave that up. Now I am aiming for plain old fashion icon." -Fifi Lapin

The blogasphere is stuffed with fashion bloggers as we know, but no one has the ears for fashion as does one Ms. Fifi Lapin.  So who is this Hare with a Flair?  Fifi Lapin is the only surviving "hare-ess " to a carrot and lettuce fortune, she is a socialite, shopper and world famous bunny blogger. No run of the field rabbit hutch for this girl, Ms. Lapin lives in a London townhouse, her main residence and she also has a pied-a-terre in Paris and an apartment in New York overlooking Central Park.  In her handbag she carries "Some lippy and blusher, my cell phone, my gold card and a pair of emergency Lanvin ballet flats (shoes) even fashionistas get sore paws."  She has a fella, Sonny Hare, a BFF, Ruby Gatta cat and a puppy named Stella...and when she isn't shopping she is hopping from one chi-chi spot to the next-always in search of the next fab outfit.


 Coach

 Fifi has been writing her Blog since 2007 and her readers have multiplied like...well, bunnies, with  fans around the globe.  Fifi has also written a fashion style bible,What Shall I Wear Today?: Style Secrets of a Furry Fashionista-a must own for every style lover, fluffy or not.



The world's most fashionable bunny has a wardrobe to envy-Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Dior, Burberry,Valentino...she has a front row at every important runway show and has been featured in countless  major fashion mags.  In an interview with the Globe and Mail  Fifi described her famous closet:

"Anna (Sui) inspired me to convert a room in my London townhouse into a walk-in wardrobe. It’s set up like a boutique with space between each item of clothing. I have special shelves for my shoes and hats and a gorgeous carved-wood chest of drawers with cut-glass handles for accessories. I browse my wardrobe like most people browse their family albums, so my pet peeve is when things are all squashed in."

When asked what "lazy  style mistakes'  humans make? Ms. Lapin wrinkled her nose and exclaimed:
" Jeans! They are obsessed with them. I admit they don’t look great on my generously padded tush and maybe I’m a little jealous, but, seriously, there are other options."




 Viktor and Rolf
  
"Traveling light is not a concept that sits well with me."

Fifi Lapin is a one-bunny powerhouse with her fashionable bunny paws in countless ventures from wrapping paper to note cards, phone covers, Ts for Pimkie, Mightyfine, Asos, and capsule collections for the likes of Topshop, LeSPortSac and Juicy Couture.



Her reach is global as she wows them in Korea, China, the UK, Europe and every fashion corner. Her ever stylish bunny nose is always on trend but never over the fence.

Topshop


 Fifi describes her fashion aesthetic as "eclectic but classic", she will try on anything and lets you know if it isn't for her fluffy self , but she always gets it right!  Here are some of my fave Fifi looks-Happy Bunny Day Ms. Fifi!


 Alexander McQueen


Anna Sui


Sonia Rykiel


Carolina Herrera




Chanel




Dior


Stella McCartney












Marc by Marc Jacobs



Marchesa












Valentino





All images from Fifi Lapin