I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

20 December 2008

Knit One...Give One-A Few of My Favorite Things


Knitting is truly THE Giving Art. The joy from watching something tangible, useful and beautiful appear from my needles always surprises me. I admit that I am a selfish knitter but I am not selfish in sharing my love of knitting. I try to convert every non-knitter I meet and I love spending time with other knitters, sharing our projects and ideas. For the knitters I love and the non-knitters I love that I drive nuts trying to push yarn and needles on...here are a Few of My Favorite Things!





Meet my new best friend Irene. Irene and her BFF,designer, artist and knitter Barbara Benjamin Haines have created my favorite new treasure KnitBliss from A to Z starring Irene of course.

Barbara and Irene have also created a precious mitten kit. Visit their Etsy shop



Lantern Moon does the only tape measures you will ever want, tie one on a package, build a knitter's kit with a pattern, yarn and their needles
around it-you may want to use one of their fabulous baskets to fill.



I think that one of the nicest knitter's indulgences is a beautiful case to carry and keep needles. Lantern Moon has beautiful silk cases for sets, individual needles and projects



Finding your gauge is never fun...until now. This is too cute from Karatstix

I collect skeins of yarn. I fill baskets and drape them and really decorate with luscious fibers, mixed and handpainted and soft and...Wrap up a skein of yarn that maybe your knitter wouldn't splurge on for themselves..can you say Cashmere!! Love Be Sweet and any gift from them would be a hit!
This is Magic Ball...it could change your life!

Of course a great knitting bag is essential!!! Treat them to Orla Kiely
I think one of the BEST gifts you can give is your knowledge. Create a fun Gift Certificate for Knitting Lessons and wrap it with some needles, yarn and a cute tape measure. Create a new knitter!

Give a subscription to Vogue Knitting or to the new Twist Collective. Support your local yarn shop and give a gift certificate wrapped with the latest Rowan book.

Remember to donate anything from your stash to local nursing homes or to Sue Manning's Knitting Connection
The best Knitting Bassket you can give comes from Heifer International-four wool producing animals to help a family toward self sufficiency.

Some of my favorite new books would finish your gifting to inspire!