I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

04 June 2008

Summer Prep Part II-Bagging It! Confessions of a Summer Bag Lady

(Kate Spade)
A Bag Lady's favorite season...Summer! There is no time of year that is all about "I need a new bag", "Let me just grab my bag" more than now. You need a light throw it all in bag for the office, a bag for that wedding you don't want to go to, a bag for an evening at an outside concert, a bag for daytrips, a bag for the beach, a bag for ballgames,a bag for the farmer's market, a bag for the weekend away, a bag to hold everybody's everything, a bag to make you remember a special summer night...Clutches, totes, baskets,satchels,shoppers all in fabrics and materials that make you want to change your attitude and your outfit. Here are just a few of my favorite Bags for EVERY Reason this Season!...


Off to Work: Needs to be light but sturdy and organized... The AU Cotton Canvas Metro Daybag in their exclusive Quadrille fabric is sophisticated and summer cool. Maine's Ann Veronica's Cape Elizabeth Commuter is not only named for my favorite spot in Maine but also holds it all when I have to leave Maine and go to work


(AU) (Ann Veronica) (Flee Bags)


To Market to Market: Off to the Farmer's Market or the Flea Market..no more plastic bags -Scout Bags come in great colors and sizes and I love these recycled bags made from candy wrappers and juice labels!

(Scout Bags) (Via Terra) (Uncommon Goods)

Off for the Weekend: Pack it all and go away! I think my favorite bags are my get away bags...pulling those out means I am going someplace!!! Ann Veronica's Great Diamond Island Bag is hand screened on tough canvas, colorful fun patterns and lots of pockets. Tory Burch lets you arrive sophisticated LL Bean's duffle can be tossed in to the back seat anytime and Pierre Duex offers their most classic toile for toting.




(Pierre Deux)




Beach Day!: Plop it in the sand...Scout Bags can take it all and just wipe clean as do Flee Bags which are made from oilcloth...love the cooler, you need snacks!






(Scout Bags) (Flee Bags) (Flee Bags)

On The Boat: Sail Off with everything: THE Perfect Boat bag is made from recycled Sails from Sea Bags in Maine...and speaking of Maine, I have lost count of the number of LL Bean Totes I own. The Forever tote that goes with me everywher and holds up to all my tough treatment. Hint..create a custom one in colors you love and add an outside pocket for keys and your cell, of course get it monogrammed.





(Sea Bags) (Lily Pulitzer) (Ann Veronica)

Day Tripping: My throw it all in and go bag this summer is AU's Raincoat Cotton French Tote filled with pockets..and you can get caught in the rain! Vineyard Vines slouch bag is reversible and comfy.



(Vineyard Vines) (AU) (Scout Bags)


Shopping and Lunch: You don't need to carry eveything but you do need to look good...Tory Burch won't let you down.





(Tory Burch)

Summer in the City : A little less casual, a lot more sophistication. I love JCrew's bamboo handle bag and Kate Spade's Stevie bag is the perfect city bag and I travel with it too.



(J Crew) (Kate Spade) (J Crew)

Summer Straw: You cannot go through summer without a straw bag! Love Kate Spade's baskets(ab0ve) and totes and Garnet Hill's is a classic.

(Snappy Turtle) (Garnet Hill) (Kate Spade)



(Kate Spade)


Summer Evening: Don't carry the world...a classic clutch will do it and let you hold hands and dance. Tory Burch and Kate Spade get it done.